COAG Energy Council Terms of Reference (First Edition, 2015)
Publication date: Thursday, 30th July 2015.
The COAG Energy Council's inaugural Terms of Reference were finalised in July 2015 and set out the scope of Council's work.
The first edition of the Terms of Reference states that the Council's work will cover the following broad themes:
- Overarching responsibility and policy leadership for Australian gas and electricity markets.
- Promotion of energy efficiency and energy productivity in Australia.
- Australian electricity, gas and petroleum product energy security.
- Cooperation between Commonwealth, state and territory governments.
- Facilitating the economic and competitive development of Australia’s mineral and energy resources.
* Please note that the Terms of Reference below is in the process of being updated.